Tuesday 28 August 2012

Recently I had this absurdly high-minded notion that I could somehow create a blog that inspires actual intellectual debate, absent of the fractured thoughts of misinformed idiots and the pointless haranguing of trolls. Within minutes of sharing this thought I was informed that I'm probably not interesting or clever enough myself to drive this and that actually no one really cares about debate and the whole thing is impractical. 

So off to a good start. I am however obstinate and, generally speaking, thoroughly impressed with myself in spite of all evidence, and will try anyway. This therefore is the beginning of a lifelong project of contributing my completely needless thoughts to the vast, all-engulfing world of the internet. If I'm still going in a month... well, I probably won't be. 

I actually wrote a mini-manifesto in that moment of prolifically over-indulging my own sense of intelligence. Check it out if the pomposity of it doesn't engage your gag-reflex. I can only imagine most will find it at best far-fetched and I am likely not prepared for the enormity of the task I have (not really) set myself. Maybe I'll just try and write a good blog... it is a nice idea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment